Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Increase in spam in gmail

In the last few weeks or so, I've noticed a marked increase in the number of spam emails that are making it into my Gmail. All are filtered to the spam folder though, but I still dont like it as the number has gone up sharply.

I used to get maximum of 3 to 4 spam mails in my spam folder in a week. However nowadays i receive 15-20 spam emails everyday. I dont know what is the reason behind this sudden increase or if others are also facing this situation recently. I tried searching on the internet but no related events have been reported by anybody.

One possible reason could be the fact that i registered on facebook around the same time and then suddenly i noticed the increase in spam. Is it something related to facebook? Are spammers getting hold of my email address from facebook? I wont be surprised actually as i have already started receiving job adverts/mails from agencies through facebook!!!

Let me know if anybody else faces the same situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment